What is micro-needling?
Also called collagen induction therapy, micro-needling's aim is to stimulate the body's own collagen productivity, dramatically reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, stretch marks, skin laxity, and scarring. This procedure has little downtime and delivers HUGE results! Studies have shown up to a 400% increase in collagen up to six months after microneedling treatments. Clients leave feeling like they have a mild sunburn and are able to return to normal activity within 24 hours.
What are the benefits of micro-needling?
* Skin Tightening, Lifting & Rejuvenating
* Acne / Surgical Scar & Wound Healing
* Improves Wrinkles & Fine Lines
* Minimizes Pore Size
* Improves Stretch Marks
Best results are achieved with a series of 3 - 6 treatments.
How old does my wound / scar need to be before I start microneedling treatments?
Depending on the severity of the wound / scar you will need to wait 6 - 12 months before treating the scar to ensure we don't interrupt you body's natural healing processes.
Does micro-needling hurt?
While micro-needling isn't the most relaxing of treatments, we use a lidocaine based numbing solution for 20 minutes prior to micro-needling. This makes the treatment very tolerable, even for sensitive clients. It is typically described as feeling like sandpaper or an uncomfortable scratching.
What is nano-needling?
This procedure specifically treats the uppermost layers of the epidermis. This advanced, pain-free technique stimulates collagen production in the skin by painlessly and safely infusing active ingredients through thousands of microscopic channels. This treatment combats wrinkles, acne, hyperpigmentation, fine lines, and other skin blemishes using your body's own repair process. This treatment needs no numbing cream and will painlessly smooth the skin's texture and leave your skin glowing.
What are the benefits of nano-needling?
* Improves uneven skin tone and texture
* Reduces the appearance of fine lines
* Helps decrease pigmentation from sun or acne scarring when paired with the appropriate chemical peel
* Improves skin plumpness
* Instantly balances and restores a healthy and refreshed glow in the skin
What is red light therapy and how does it work?
Red light therapy involves having low-power red light wavelengths emitted directly through the skin. Red light can be absorbed into the skin to a depth of about 8-10 millimeters, at which point it has positive effects on cellular energy and multiple nervous system and metabolic processes. Red light therapy helps treat hair loss, wounds or incisions, acne, wrinkles and skin discoloration, chronic muscular pain, and tissue damage.
Some of the ways that red light wavelengths work are:
1. Stimulating DNA/RNA synthesis
2. Activating the lymphatic system
3. Increasing blood flow/circulation, thereby helping bring more oxygen and nutrients to our cells and tissues
4. Forming new capillaries
5. Improving natural production of collagen and elastin
7. Stimulating or decreasing inflammation
8. Lowering effects of oxidative stress/free radical damage, which is associated with many effects of aging
Find out what skin care services you can receive at Pure Radiance.